Spring is the right time to spruce up your holiday home on Lake Como
Lake Como is looking beautiful in the spring sunlight and the lake is getting busy as more visitors arrive, so now is the ideal time to spruce up your holiday home and make sure it is in a perfect condition for you and your family and friends, or for any paying guests you may have if you rent your home.
LAKE COMO CONCEPTS suggests that your checklist should include:
- Make sure the property is fully aired and cleaned, especially if it has been empty and closed for months;
- Flush all toilets and check drains are working;
- Open all shutters, test that they work and make sure any insects have not built nests in the warm protected space between the shutters and the windows;
- Jet wash any patios and terraces so they look at their best;
- Re-varnish any wooden garden furniture;
- Check gutters haven’t become full of leaves;
- Make sure the tv and satellite are working correctly;
- Check also the alarm, phone line and wi-fi connection;
- Should you have a pool or a lift it is advisable to have then checked annually;
- Have the boiler serviced, possibly consider installing a remote connection to control from a distance;
Test the air-conditioning units and lights in each room.
If you follow all these little steps you will be able to enjoy a stress-free home over the summer. If you do find any problems that need repairing from small to large, LAKE COMO CONCEPTS can assist with putting you in touch with reputable tradesmen in the Lake Como area to resolve,
AND SO YOU CAN ENJOY YOUR SUMMER ON THE LAKE!