La Provincia (our local Lake Como newspaper) reports that bookings for holidays and hotels on Lake Como are already up by 10 % compared to last year, and that the increase is most marked in visitors from the UK and the USA.
We have examined reasons why this may be:
- Effect of the tumbling euro? The purchasing power of the dollar and sterling is significant more than 2014, approximately 30% in the case of the dollar!
- Pre-bookings for EXPO 2015 with many people adding on days to see Lake Como and other areas surrounding Milan? Bookings are already at over 10 million and many more are expected to book prior to the start on 1 May 2015
- Opening of yet more high quality hotels on Lake Como?
- The Italian housing market is picking up so many visitors may feel it is a time to buy? Last quarter’s residential real estate transactions were up 5.5%.
- Beginnings of a financial recovery in the US and UK?
And last, but seriously not least …….LAKE COMO IS SO BEAUTIFUL, AND A FANTASTIC PLACE TO SPEND A FEW DAYS, A HOLIDAY OR A LIFETIME!
#LakeComo #holidays #hotels